Lip Augmentation and Injections
Description ( Overview)
Plump, youthful lips never go out of style, but the aging process can leave them looking thin and lined. A skilled cosmetic surgeon can use one of many techniques to help you achieve smooth, voluptuous lips with a natural look. Lip enhancement includes a suite of procedures that add or restore volume to the lips and smooth vertical lines around the lips and mouth. While surgical procedures, such as lip implants, remain an option, cosmetic surgeons are increasingly using minimally invasive treatments to achieve very natural-looking results that can last for up to 1 year or longer.
Why Lip Augmentation is reguired?
If you are bothered by the appearance of thin, lined or asymmetrical lips, cosmetic treatments can address your concerns and help you feel more confident in your smile. Specific changes that a skilled cosmetic surgeon can make through lip enhancement include:
- Restore volume to thin or aging lips
- Smooth vertical lip lines
- Improve symmetry between the upper and lower lip
- Refine the shape of thin or flat lips
Why Iran is suitable for Lip Augmentation ?
Patient Eligibility \ Who Can Have Lip Augmentation ?
You may be born with thin lips or due to different reasons, your lips may have problems of symmetry or age-related collapse, slimness and wrinkles on the edges of the lips. You can have the desired form of lips with lip enlargement operations. You might be a good candidate for a lip augmentation if you have noticed a loss in lip volume and are looking for a longer-lasting solution than a dermal filler can provide. You may also prefer a lip augmentation if you desire more pouty lips, as you can generally achieve rather dramatic results through this surgery.
How Is Lip Augmentation Done? (Procedures)
Cosmetic surgeons use a variety of approaches to help patients improve their lip appearance, ranging from temporary filler injections to lip implant surgery. Many patients choose to start with a temporary treatment and later progress to a longer-lasting treatment.
Dermal Filler Injections
Hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvéderm and Restylane products, are a popular non-surgical option, offering temporary lip enhancement at an affordable cost. When administered by an experienced provider, dermal fillers can last 4 to 12 months and achieve soft, natural-looking results. Depending on the product, fillers can boost lip volume, enhance lip shape, and smooth vertical lip lines (perioral rhytids).
Benefits of dermal lip fillers
- Treatments take only 15 to 30 minutes
- A skilled cosmetic surgeon can adjust the amount of filler used to achieve results with precision
- Little to no downtime is needed
- Improvements are usually noticeable immediately after treatment
- Results are final within 2 weeks
- Side effects are typically mild and include temporary bruising, swelling or redness at the injection site. Serious complications are extremely rare when treatment is performed by a qualified provider
- Treatments must be repeated periodically to maintain results
- Beautiful, natural results require a provider with immense skill and experience
- A very small percentage of patients may be allergic to ingredients in manufactured fillers
Autologous fat injections, also called fat grafting, use fat from another part of your body as a lip filler. Fat grafting typically involves liposuction surgery on a different area of the body, and the procedure can be done without incisions on the face or lips. Fat injections should only be performed by a qualified cosmetic surgeon with specialized training in fat transfer procedures. With such a provider, fat injections can achieve a beautiful augmented lip contour that looks and feels very natural and last for years.
Benefits of fat injections for the lips
- Fat looks and feels very natural in the lips
- Results can last for many years; once final results are achieved, you should not need to repeat treatment
- Risk of allergic reaction is close to zero
- No incisions are needed in the lips
- Fat injections require a surgical component
- A safe procedure and beautiful, natural results require a specially trained, highly experienced cosmetic surgeon
- Several days of downtime may be required, depending on the extent of liposuction performed
- Some injected fat may not survive in its new location, possibly requiring additional treatment to achieve the desired result
- Unsatisfactory results can be difficult to reverse
Lip implants can achieve a semi-permanent lip enhancement for those desiring a more lasting solution with minimal maintenance. Implants are made from a soft, pliable silicone rubber or biodegradable substance and are best for patients desiring a noticeable increase in lip volume.
Experienced cosmetic surgeons typically perform lip implant surgery using local anesthesia, inserting implants through tiny incisions hidden in the corners of the mouth.
Benefits of lip implants
- Results can last for many years
- When performed by a skilled cosmetic surgeon, lip implant surgery can take less than 30 minutes to perform and leave virtually undetectable scars
- Most patients require only 1 to 3 days of downtime
- A safe procedure and beautiful results require a highly experienced, qualified cosmetic surgeon
- Another surgery is required to remove lip implants
- Implants are not effective for smoothing fine lip lines
- All surgery carries some risk, including infection and bleeding